What is "ECU remapping". What is ECU chipping??
ECU remapping (ECU Chipping) will improve diesel performance for your tractor, truck or ute
Most modern trucks, buses, tractors and agricultural machinery have engine control units (ECUs). The software within these engine control units have been programmed very conservatively by the manufacturer with generic settings, to cater for the most common performance requirements, climatic conditions, fuel quality etc. These settings can be improved, so that your vehicle will perform optimally for the conditions in which you intend to use it. When we "re-map" a vehicle, we adjust all the various software settings to make sure the vehicle performs exactly the way our client needs it to perform, in the conditions that the vehicle will be operating in.
What motoring benefits will be achieved through re-mapping?
- increased performance
- increased torque
- increased fuel efficiency
- prolonged life of the engine, due to increased efficiencies
- road vehicles: 20-30% more power
- Ag machines (turbo): 25-35% more power
Note: agricultural vehicles vary considerably. To discuss likely gains of ecu remapping with your agricultural vehicle, please contact us.
What sort of vehicles do you work with?
- agricultural vehicles, harvesters etc
Will a remap damage my engine?
Can anything go wrong?
- damage the vehicles engine control unit
- cause the vehicle to go into "limp mode"
- cause a dangerous "over-boost" in power
- cause damage to expensive engine parts (including the drive-train)
Our technicians are fully-qualified and experienced and we guarantee our results.
Do you offer any guarantees?
- that you will achieve at least a 10% improvement in performance or fuel efficiency, otherwise we will re-map the vehicle until those improvements are achieved. If these improvements are still not achieved, we will refund your re-mapping fee in full;
What if the manufacturer re-sets my vehicle's software to standard after it has been re-mapped?
Do I have to bring my vehicle to you?
How long does a "re-mapping" job take?
The actual writing/re-mapping in the vehicles does not take long. It is the technical background work and costs associated in developing the software that is time consuming. A re-map can be done same day service if we come to you.
How much does it cost?
Do you offer any discounts for multiple vehicles?
When do I have to pay you?
What methods of payment do you accept?
How soon can you arrive?
Why should I use Diesel Performance Solutions?
- we have over 16 years' experience in vehicle re-mapping
- we develop our own software for Australian conditions
- we modify engine software in-house, ensuring you finish up with a high quality, comprehensive remap.
- we partner with re-mapping companies in USA Canada and Europe, giving us extra experience and expertise to call on
- we travel to you, saving you time and inconvenience
- we guarantee our workmanship and results
Who are we?
Chris Burnell, who has been in the electrical and mechanical industry for over 20 years, owns the business. He is extremely talented in his field and DPS clients can be very confident in his abilities. A devoted family man, Chris desires to succeed, offering clients a top-quality service and product.
Mark Hohneck, is a fully-qualified mechanic who has been working in the diesel and petrol industry for the last 20 years in Australia and New Zealand, and now specialises in diesels. Mark manages the Australian team. For your local agent please see the "contact us page".
Together, The DPS team provide a unique blend of software and mechanical expertise that ensure they always achieve the best possible re-mapping solutions for their clients. They have re-mapped hundreds of vehicles in their 16 years of trading and, now that they have developed software files for a comprehensive range of vehicles, are keen to expand the business internationally.